Sunday, May 20, 2007

First Night . . .

Wow!!!

I walked away from class Wednesday night with my head spinning.

There is such an incredible amount of work to be completed in such a short time. I am excited by the topics that we are to cover this semester. I have heard a great deal about all of our topics, but I know very little about them. I can't wait to become an "expert". My daughter walked in a few minutes ago and was blown away that I was creating a blog. She couldn't believe that her mom was doing such a thing. I may be able to teach her a few things before the semester is over. That would be fun.

5 comments:

Wen~ said...

I think we were all feeling the same way on Wednesday night! It's all really exciting though and I'm looking forward to hearing about ways to use blogs, wikis, and podcasts in the classroom.

Tracey said...

Ditto for me. I can't wait to see how these can be incorporated... I am already fascinated by this whole Blog thing. Can you believe how fast we are learning all this new technology??? I too have kids that know more than I at times, but I know now that there is a mutual respect between us and I am cool in their eyes.

Amy said...

I am so excited about this semester. It will be fun learning about ways to use these new technologies inthe classroom.

fergusoncd540 said...

I thought I was on the Anaconda at Kings Dominion when I left Wednesday night. I am excited yet nervous. Blogs, wikis, and podcast are all new to me so it is like walking into a world of the unknown. I keep thinking I will tackle this like the rest of the classes this year - with lots of prayer, tears, and laughter (LOL!)I find comfort in knowing that we are all in the same boat together and it will be rewarding when our ship comes ashore!

Shannon R. said...

I am right there with you, Julie. My little sister...who might be president of the Digital Natives...got a big kick out of the fact that I was blogging! She laughed so hard her eyes teared! I too am really looking forward to this class and showing my little sister up!